First Baptist Church of Murfreesboro, TN
The Minister to Preschool/ Children is a person called by God to serve children and their families. This is a full time position, and the principle function is to lead in the development of a comprehensive program of Christian education and development ministries for children ages’ birth through fifth grade.
The responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Sunday morning Preschool Child Care (babies thru 3yr old) 8:15am to 12:30pm
- Preschool Worship (4yr old thru Pre K) 9:00am and 11:30am.
- Children’s Sunday School (K through 5th grade) 10:15am to 11:30am.
- Work with Mission Friends, Girls in Action, Royal Ambassador, and Children’s Music Leaders to maintain strong Wednesday evening children’s programs.
- Plan and recruit leadership staff for annual events such as, but not limited to, the Family Easter Celebration, Vacation Bible School, Children’s Summer Camp, and the Fall Festival.
The Minister to Preschool/ Children works with the pastor, Nominating committee, Preschool and Children’s Directors, the preschool and Children’s Education Committee, teachers, staff and parents to accomplish the following administrative activities:
- Recruit and schedule staffing for Preschool and Children’s programs for Sunday Morning, Wednesday evening child care , and special events.
- Develop the annual budget for Preschool and Children’s Programs and control the associated operating expenditures.
- Work with other staff and volunteers to select of develop curriculum materials, and ensure they are ordered and available.
- Participate in church staff and volunteers to select or develop curriculum materials, and ensure they are ordered and available.
- Participate in follow up contact with prospective visitors, hospital visits, and parents.
- Serve as pastoral liaison to the WEE school Committee.
- Responsible to see that all rooms, equipment, and supplies are kept in order and available to support the Preschool and Children’s programs.
Qualifications: The Minister to Preschool/ Children, having been called into church ministry to children, shall have completed a university, seminary, or divinity school degree, preferably with some training or formal study in Preschool and childhood education, and must have demonstrated an ability to relate to children and their parents. There must also be a demonstrated ability to recruit, lead and coordinate with the division directors, teachers and other volunteers who are required to have a successful children’s ministry. The person in this position should network with other professionals in the area of Preschool and children’s ministry. The person in this position should network with other professionals in the area of preschool and children’s Christian education in order to stay abreast of new development in the field, and to implement additional opportunities for creative preschool and children’s ministries.