Purpose and Goal
First Baptist Church is committed to work with each family to guide preschoolers in an understanding of God’s plan for their lives.
The purpose of the Preschool Ministry of First Baptist Church, Murfreesboro, Tennessee is:
- To reach preschoolers and their families for Christ and the church.
- To provide a safe, healthy and loving environment for preschoolers.
- To meet the spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and social needs of preschoolers.
- To educate preschoolers through the teaching of Bible truths.
- To involve the church family in laying Christian foundations for preschoolers.
- To support parents in their role as spiritual teacher for their child.
The goal of our Preschool Ministry is to guide preschoolers in experiences that will help them to:
- Hear of Jesus’ love.
- Enjoy church and want to return.
- Think of the Bible as a special book by hearing and learning Bible thoughts and stories.
- Experience God’s love through association with Christian teachers.
- Begin talking with God in their own way.
- Feel secure with other children and adults.
- Grow in independence by meeting and solving problems.
- Think of the church as a special place where families come to learn about God.
- Think of home as a place where they are loved and where they also learn about God.