WEE School Director Search Begins
The WEE School Committee is seeking to hire a WEE School Director. This leadership position is a part-time (28 hours per week) salaried position that guides the First Baptist Church weekday education ministry for Babies - PreK that includes over 15 part-time staff and serves over 60 children during the school year as well as leading a summer camp program. Click here for a job description. Interested applicants should email a resume with a cover letter to Brent Greene, Minister of Preschool and Children at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 9.
WEE School Ministry New Update – May 10, 2017
As announced last week, Karen Parris has resigned as WEE School Director with her last day of service set for Thurs., May 18, 2017. The WEE School Committee wants to thank Karen for her many years of service and hopes that others will express their appreciation to Karen in the days ahead.
The WEE School Committee in consultation with the Personnel Committee has been working quickly due to the time sensitive nature and needs of the WEE School. The committee is pleased to announce that Keri Bunasky will begin serving as interim director the week of May 22. Keri and her sons, Matthew and Stephen- 3rd graders, happen to be active members of First Baptist Church. Keri has served most recently at Lascassas Baptist Church Preschool, a licensed full day center, for six years. Prior to her tenure at Lascassas Preschool, Keri worked for child protective services as a case manager as well as working with senior adult service centers.
Please continue to keep our WEE School Committee and this important ministry in your prayers during this time of transition. Our WEE School Committee will be working in weeks to come to hire a director to follow this interim period with hopes of having a director in place by mid June.
WEE School is...
- A ministry of First Baptist Church designed to meet the needs of young families of First Baptist as well as the community of Murfreesboro.
- We offer infant care beginning at three months and preschool learning through structured play for children one year through pre-kindergarten.
- Our staff is committed to sharing God's love with parents and preschoolers through Christian education and the power of prayer.
- Our program is structured to help your children grow in understanding and love for themselves, their families and others. We want to help them grow in the awareness that God loves them and Jesus is a special friend.
- Our program will help your children grow in their abilities, think creatively, solve problems, and develop language skills.
What makes us unique?
- We have chapel time weekly, music time, a playground and a gym for recess time.
- The children have a chance to learn the importance of helping others through mission projects for the community.
- Since we are located a block off the square in Murfreesboro, your child will have opportunities to go on Downtown Field Trips to the Linebaugh Library, the Fire Station, and other fun educational trips.
WEE School operates from mid-August through mid-May offering two programs:
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
WEE School closely follows the traditional calendar of Murfreesboro City Schools.
Keri Bunasky, Interim Director
2017/2018 School Year Registration Information
Registration is now open for the 2017/2018 School Year.
Registration Fee: $90 (non-refundable)
Registration fee required with registration form.
Tuition: $180 per month
Infants, Ones, Twos, Threes, Fours
Completed registration form, along with registration fee, should be submitted to Keri Bunasky, Monday - Thursday, 8:15 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. to ensure space availability. Please make checks payable to FBC WEE School.
For more information, or to inquire about registration availability, contact Keri Bunasky at 615.893.2514, or via email - email@example.com.
Check us out on Facebook (First Baptist WEE School)!